Sunday 9 October 2011

My Evaluation of our Preliminary Task

What planning did you do? How was this useful, and how did you change your plans?
- Originally our plan was to have a girlfriend and boyfriend having an argument. But we couldn't work out what they should argue about. It was useful because we could brainstorm ideas and choose which one we thought would work best. We changed the boyfriend and girlfriend roles and instead had them simply as friends then we came up with the argument, which was Will being against Chelsea smoking. 


What camera skills have you developed?
- I have developed a lot in my camera skills, I have learnt how to keep a steady hand learnt what camera angles work best for the sort of film you are shooting. 


How confident are you with using the cameras, and has this confidence changed during the project?
- I am pretty confident with using the cameras now, compared to what  to when we were first given them to practice. It took me a while to work out how they worked, but now I have a good understanding. I have particularly developed on how to keep a steady hand and use abstract shooting methods. Me and Charlie wanted to get a shot following Chelsea's feet whilst walking down the character, but without making the camera shake. So we decided to put the camera on a skateboard and push it along steadily to get the right angle we needed. But in the end we did not use the shot because it wasn't very still anyway. My confidence has changed a lot during this project, I now don't worry about putting an idea forward or saying if I don't think a certain shot works. I used to worry about whether or not my shooting skills would work but in the end my confidence grew and I was no longer worried if I had to re-shoot a shot I had originally done. 


What editing skills have you developed? How confident are you with using the editing programme? 
- Before we did our preliminary task I had only edited a few home videos on Windows Movie Maker so was not aware on how to use Adobe Première. Once someone had explained how to capture the video on to the programme and edit it all, I didn't find it hard to use anymore. I learnt how to cut and mute certain clips which was needed for our prelim' which I never knew how to do before. I do need to improve on how to add effects to certain slips and merging them together so it isn't so jumpy.

2 comments:

  1. I'd suggest you organise your evaluation around the questions on the document I gave you. More details from your production, to include what camera angles you used would be helpful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your evaluation was posted well before the deadline but it is far too generalised. Look at the document I gave you and back up your comments with reference to either your planning, the shoot and specific aspects of the edit.

    ReplyDelete